Thursday, November 13, 2014

Fwd: 70 Words, a sore throat, and Nehongen

個に痴話 皆さん
Hello everyone
Life at the MTC Has been good this week. Here is my recap!

向く予備 Thursday
In class we talked about our families, and the importance of them. We had the opportunity to introduce our family in Japanese to the class that was a fun lesson. Brandon came to our room, and we gave him a box full of candy, so that should last him for a little bit and it made a good dent in our reserves. 

金予備 Friday
I learned 70 words today, granted most of them were the medical words but it is still a big vocabulary boost. I feel like words will come quicker as I am fully immersed in the culture. We learned the days of the month and played a game with it. It was a great way to learn the days quickly. I am baffled at the amount I have learned. 

土予備 Saturday
I woke up with a killer sore throat. I set a goal to wake up at 6:00 everyday of my mission from here on out. My teacher said that he did it and noticed huge blessing from doing so. With that kind of promise it was too good to pass up!

日予備 Sunday
I was released as district leader, and my companion was called as district leader. It is nice to not have to worry about it anymore. Being just a missionary is such a great calling, you can focus on the work and only the work. My throat was a little better. I had the opportunity to bless the sacrament...in Japanese! it was super hard! I thought it was hard in English. It will take some time for me to even sound coherent in Japanese. The speaker was Spencer J. Conide who was formerly in the seventy. He was very animated in his speak and gave great advice, he said, "speak slowly and distinctly." I hadn't thought of that before. How true is it. We understand slow speaker just as well in English why couldn't they in Japanese. 

月予備 Monday
My companion was sick, so I was kind of attached to different companionship's throughout the day. I stayed behind for the evening class so we could work on some Nehongo together.  I have been doing family history every so often. It is a lot of fun! I have found that my generation has a thing with computers and searching. I have fallen in love with Kanji, these are all the complex symbols. They are the meat of the sentances, so effectively nouns. They are pretty cool. The average high schooler knows about 1500 Kanji, and the average newspaper has 2000 Kanji, so even the Nehongen need dictionaries to read! 

火予備 Tuesday
Before I forget! Yoshi means Good, and it is a common phrase is Japanese, only we say yosh, and make the I silent. One of our teachers taught a great object lesson with the mountains, they really are amazing out here. We sung an arrangement on Praise to the Man in Choir, it was amazing!! BIshop Davies came and spoke, you can eally tell that man loves his wife. For the closing hymn him and his wife sung a duet to us, then had us join in the last verse. He testified of the prophet and told us of a neat story with him and President hinckly regarding the Vancouver temple. 

水予備 Wednesday
I hosted again today, I hosted an elder from canada going to France speaking Chinsese! That was pretty crazy. We got new kohi(people younger than us) I can't believe I have been here as long as I have. WE GOT TO SKYPE A NEHONGEN(Japanese Person) she was super sweet and loved talking to us. I was surprised how much I understood, you could tell that she was very patient with us. In fact we couldn't find a word in the dictionary for the life of us. so she looked it up and translated it for us! What a sweet sister. I am so thankful to be serving in Japan. What an amazing place it truly is. 

愛してます皆さん、
団長老


No comments:

Post a Comment