Thursday, November 6, 2014

A Ninja, a Wrestling Match, and a Best Friend Arriving

 子に痴話 友勝ち と こずく!
 WOW! what an intense busy week it has been! 

むく予備 Thursday
Busy P-day! We went to the temple, and taught a lesson. Our teacher has been really impressed in the way our companionship has been going. Mom sent me an awesome package, chips and cheese....it lasted half an hour but was delicious. 

金予備 Friday
Halloween at the MTC! Our district all wore either black or orange ties during the day. I have found of Lds.org that we are able to make notes so I have started to mark up conference talks and save them on there. Then that night my doryo dressed up as a ghost by putting a sheet over his head, Phillips choro dressed up as a scarecrow, and I dressed up as a Ninja in honor of Japan. It was awesome! We then went "trick or treating" as best we could at the MTC, which turned into the shimaitachi in our district giving us a huge bag of candy. we. have. so. much. candy. O.O. 

土曜日 Saturday
Marked one month since the beginning of my mission! I can't believe how fast it has gone. I'll blink and be in Japan and before I know it i'll be headed home after 2 years. I learned probably one of the most important things about being a missionary; we teach people not lessons. We have to love our investigators, and really understand them. That night in our dorms the elders going to Brazil were having wrestling matches. My doryo and I were watching, then my doryo egged me on to go and wrestle...I gave in and wrestled the elder. He had a lot cleaner technique then I did. Granted I haven't wrestled in 6 years. As I was being him to the ground he barrel rolled on me and I got really bad rug burn on my face...it so happens that the elder has a scholarship for wrestling. Needless to say I learned that lesson pretty quickly.

日予備 Sunday
My first Fast Sunday! We had a mission conference for 2 hours and were blessed to hear from a lot of really neat speakers. The mission president of the MTC spoke, he talked about fearing no man. Then called a sister from right out of the stands to come bear her testimony. Then he had 4 other missionaries re-sight the First Vision in their mission languages it was amazing to hear them, but what was more amazing was the fact that the spirit is still felt as strongly in each of them. That night we had Russel. M. Nelson's wife come and speak, she was really neat, and encouraged us to spread the gospel to everyone. She also shared with us new hymn she wrote. 

月予備 Monday
Our sempai (group that has been here longer than us) left at 3 am for Japan! One of the sisters wasn't able to get her Visa in time so she had to stay behind. She was heart broken, it was really sad. She is from Brazil, so my teacher had an ingenious idea to help her. He had her teach the class how to pray in Portuguese! I am glad I am speaking Japanese! Those words are harder to pronounce than Japanese words! We do this home teaching thing every Monday night and are rated by our teachers on how we do. We had the opportunity to teach someone from Japan! He was way cool, and super nice. He said that his son is in our mission and wrote in the comments of the review that he was excited that two awesome missionaries are going to his sons mission. WE cleaned and sanitized our room. Everyone except our room has gotten sick, thank goodness two of us have OCD and have to have a clean room!

会曜日Tuesday
We got a really special invitation to leave the MTC Campus! It was so nice to go outside! We went to BYU for a devotional at the Marriott Center! I ran into Katherine and Andrew! It was neat to see them. The speaker spoke on tenacity, what a neat word. I definitely will strive to have more tenacity in my life. That night we were told we would have an apostle come and speak but it turns out they didn't, we had Christoffel Golden of the seventy instead. He is from South Africa and has the coolest accent! He spoke of being a great missionary, and how how he knows we are called ambassadors. 

水曜日 Wednesday
BRANDON. HAS. ARRIVED. I wasn't able to host him but I did see him that night. He is doing well. His P-day is on Tuesday. Turns out that he is in the same residence hall as me, we are planning on catching up later tonight. It has been really really good to see him. Our district hosted again! I hosted 11 people! I was flying through them, it is fun to see them all excited about this great work. I found our language program has medical words on it! Needless to say I have memorized those pretty quickly! We found out that all the other buildings on campus have nicer chairs than we do! So we moved a few over to our room that were not being used. On of our teachers didn't notice, but the other one did..he made us move them back and told us to put a suggestion in the suggestion box. The box in now filled with suggestions. 

Please do not send anymore candy. We have a drawer full of candy to the point where we are giving it away. 

Thank you so much for your love and support!


ダン長老

P.s. I am putting all of my pictures on my blag. 



No comments:

Post a Comment