Thursday, October 30, 2014

Fwd: Missing Dictionaries, 45 minutes of extra sleep, and a Remodel



かに痴話 個族 と ともがち
Konichiwa kozoku to tomogachi
hello family and friends

This week has been a long one, but excellent none the less. 

目予備 Thursday
It was a relatively uneventful day, until my companion and I were to teach a lesson. And we forgot our dictionaries...that is a life line in those lessons. So our lesson turned into a bunch of waving arms and broken English and Japanese to communicate. WE LEARNED THAT LESSON PRETTY QUICKLY. Always, always have a dictionary on hand. 

着如美 Friday
I finally got a haircut since being here. It was a good break from studying to go and get a haircut. In Class we had two natives visit us. They were awesome! We had a question and answer session with them. I asked if they had ever ridden a roller coaster, they were pretty funny in their responses. They were really nice, and super helpful with our Japanese. The language started to click, it was amazing. I understood about 80% of the spoken language from the natives and about 90% of the spoken language by the teachers. 

度予備 Saturday
Our halfway point at the MTC has been reached! It is about time! 4.5 weeks in and 4.5 weeks left. The time really flew by. A teacher played a less active for us, they said we do a lot of less active work in Japan. I was pretty bold in my challenge and oddly enough he took it, other companionship's asked the same question but he accepted ours. It was awesome. 

日予備 Sunday
Sunday is a great day to recharge, it is a big look forward to day for me. I have meetings in the mornings now with the branch because of my calling, but otherwise it is a good day to get to know our branch/zone better. We have people from all over the world here, Hong Kong, Brazil, Canada, Australasia, California, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Hawaii, Wyoming, and you guessed it Utah. Our speaker was Elder Allen who helped write Preach my Gospel, his insight on the book was really interesting. We watched the John Tanner story that night as a district, it was really good, I hope I am able to emulate his life. 

下s強火 Monday
Gorski Choro's grandmother made cookies...like a lot of cookies...she made everyone in the district their own state cookies, turns out Ohio's is butterscotch chocolate chip? i had no idea, i thought it was the buckeye. I was exausted all day so I went to bed at 9:45 the extra sleep was amazing. While I slept my doryo and the other companionship in my room carved Styrofoam pumpkins they were pretty neat. 

気予備 Tuesday
Our devotionals speaker was Rosemary Wixom who is the Primary General President. She had some really great words of wisdom concerning our call. She highlighted the importance of whom we are serving, and how we need to have a strong foundation in Christ. 
 
すい呼び Wednesday
I was able to host again! it was awesome! i hosted 4 elders, two are going to St. George, one to Minneapolis Hmong speaking, and one more to the Netherlands. They all were pretty shell shocked about being here or just beaming with happiness and excitement, they were awesome to help. When we host we take the missionaries to their dorms and classrooms, what we started noticing is that some dorms have different configurations. So, last night we decided to remodel our room. We moved all the beds into the corner of the room and then made this huge open area in the front. After throwing out ideas for what we would do with the room, Phillips Choro suggested a huge 4 square court. So we got a hold of glow-in-the-dark duct tape and made an awesome court. Then we wrapped the ball in tape and had the most awesome 4 square game ever in the dark. 

I can't believe that I only have a week left! Next week will probably be a pretty big one from what it sounds like can't wait to tell about it. They said that someone big is coming Tuesday night and that they will be broadcasting it on BYUtv. I may be on the screen for choir, I was last week. The broadcast will be 7:00 mst.  

藍 して ます
with love, 



No comments:

Post a Comment